Sunday, October 21, 2012

To Market, To Market

While I'd rather say something profound or witty after all this time, the truth is I have 400 calendars to sell. These 2013 Monroe County Calendars have become a kind of bread-and-butter project, more because I can sell the paintings than because I sell the calendars. BUT, here we are on Blogspot, which will perhaps encourage more orders?

"The Blue Road"  26" x 26"  SOLD

There are twelve images, local scenes of Monroe County, WV, which can be seen on my Web site, www.judithbair.com under "Landscapes." Here's the cover and back cover, and my favorite from the bunch, The Blue Road, which is a view from my studio window, painted after immersing myself in a beautiful book of Marsden Hartley's western landscapes. December's image is a photograph of the beautiful silver maple in front of my house before it came crashing down this summer during the freakish derecho that decimated so many of West Virginia's noble trees.

There are still six of these paintings for sale, either through my Web site or through Etsy (PaintingsbyJBair). If you have suggestions for marketing, don't hesitate to share. If you have comments about the paintings, I  hope they're kind.

Hopefully, I'm back in blog world. There are 5 blank canvases tacked to my studio walls. Maybe they will yield some insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment